Sunday, January 30, 2011

Terrible 2's already?!


So Brady turned 15 months and with that comes a little bit more "attitude"...or should I say a lot more! He has started these tantrums that come on when the littlest things make him mad. He is very dramatic...I think he gets that from his father (wink, wink):)! Anyways....I think this is normal behavior for a 15 month old....or I am hoping so at least! Kris and I had a 'parent to parent conference' this week and really talked about our parenting and how we want to handle the discipline aspect of parenting and what or how we are going to respond to these tantrums....so we can be consistent and on the same page:) It's funny...I guess I never really thought about the discipline part...or at least thinking we wouldn't have to start it so early! I thought yeah when kids turn 2 and 3, but Brady is getting to the age when he does know what he 'should' and 'should not' be doing. I do think it's a little to early to start time outs because I don't think he would understand the consequence part of the discipline but at least we can try and get him to follow the rules and try and be a "well behaved" child;) I know this will be a journey that will be a tricky one and I am sure it will get trying at times but hey...no one said being a parent was easy:)

Update: at his 15 month appointment he weighed 26lbs on the dot and is still 33" long;) He pretty much stayed the same as his 12 month check up but the Dr. isn't to concerned because he is still in the 74% tile for weight and 94% for height:)

No comments:

Post a Comment