Sunday, October 24, 2010

October=Fun with friends:)!

Well October was busy...but busy was good because it was filled with fun events with our friends:)! It started out with my friend Cindy's bachlorette party! It was a good time but lets just say a little to much celebrating on my behalf and the next day was NOT so much fun:( I swear the older I get the more I realize that I can not "hang" how I use to! But the times when I really get to go out are few and far between now so feeling "crappy" the next day is alright...i guess:)

The next weekend we were suppose to go to Madison for the Gohper vs. Badger game (which we do everyother year...it's a tradition with our friends) but this year we had to cancel because Kris, Brady and myself were feeling a little under the weather that weekend so we just stayed home and relaxed and tried to rest to get back to %100!:) The following week we had our friend Todd's 33rd birthday celebration! He has been battling with cancer the last 6 years and the last year especially has been really hard for him so it was great that he was feeling up to having a party and was feeling as good as can be expected:) If you would like to read about his courageous and amazing fight please visit his caringbridge website at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/toddandrews. He really is amazing and is one of my hero's!

The following weekend we had our friend Brett and Shannon's wedding in LaCrosse, WI:) It was a great time and thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Muchow for watching our little guy...Kris and I had a mini "alone" trip:) It was nice to reconnect and just spend some quality time together and the best part was getting to sleep in the next day! We slept in until 10AM!!! I can NOT remember the last time I slept in that late! But it felt oh so good!!:)

The weekend after that I ran my first half mile marathon!!! It went OK...didn't do as well as I hoped I got 2:02...my goal was to get under 2 (but really wanted to do it in 1:50) but at about mile 6 my knee started pulling:( So by mile 10 I was in pure pain and really didn't think I could finish it. But I just kept running along and would stop and walk when I needed and when I saw the finish line I got this burst of adrenaline and turned on the jets and pretty much tried to sprint to the end...well as much of a sprint I could with a bum knee:) It felt good to accomplish and I am sure I will run another one!:)

Here are some pics of the month...enjoy:)!
Becky, Me, and Erin
Me and the soon to be bride Cindy
The Shaban's with the birthday boy Todd and his wife Karen

Todd, Karen and Brady
Amy and I
The whole crew! I LOVE our friends!!
Tony, Me, and Todd
Blue tie gang
The guys~

The Ladies~


No comments:

Post a Comment