Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brady 18 months

So Brady had his 18 month check up today and it went great! I can't believe he is already 1 1/2 years old! That is just crazy! And honestly we have more and more fun with him everyday watching him grow, learn, and develop new skills. The first 2 or 3 years of life is just amazing and the little person they become:)! His stats at his appointment today were for weight he was 29 lbs (85%), height 35.4" (99%) and head circumference 18.8" (49%)....he is going to be tall like his Daddy:)!

Some of Brady's things he likes/dislikes/new skills are:

~He has learned a few more new words. Truck, Up, Dog, Duck...he usually doesn't say any words on command (except) up...and usually they come out of the blue but he has said them:) He does LOVE to babble though! He loves to lay in his crib before nap or bedtime and just talk to himself. It is so cute listening to him over the monitor:)!

~He LOVES to run! He has finally figured out to kick that walking stuff up a notch and now likes to run everywhere in the house and outside:)

~He is starting to climb on things...which makes me a little nervous!!:(

~He has graduated from his highchair into his booster seat and now eats with us at the kitchen table and LOVES it:)

~He is still a picky eater but loves his squash and corn...right now is on a fruit strike and apparently will only eat it at daycare!

~I know he is my child because when he eats something really good he says "MMmmmmm" after every bite...he got that from me:)! ha ha! I just can't help myself to say "mmmm" when I really am eating something good:)

~One of his "bigger" moments (although I think it was just a random thing) was he went potty on the big boy potty at daycare!! Pam (daycare lady) said some of the kids were playing in the bathroom and Brady came in and pulled his pants down and she said "do you have to go to the bathroom?" and she took his diaper off set him on the toilet and he went potty!! What a big boy! He has started to pull his pants down and if he doesn't have a onesie on he takes his diaper off too...so maybe potty training isn't to far out of the picture:)

~But this skill is my "bragging" one of Brady:) I was giving him a bath the other night and had about 15 of his bathtub letters in the tub with him. They were all floating around and I would ask him, "Brady, where is the H...hungry, horse, hen and a hat?" (From the A B C Dr. Seuss book ...one of his favorites) and he would look around the tub and found the H and handed it to me! I was like OMG was that just a coincidence? So I did it with the Z, C, B, and X and each time he found the letter and handed it to me!! What a little smarty pants!!:)

*Brady's schedule at 18 months....wakes up around 7Am...eats breakfast, plays, lunch at 12:00 then nap at 12:30 usually till 2:30-3pm, then plays some more, dinner around 5 or 6 then bath around 7:30, plays some more then books and then bedtime at 8:30:) I love our bedtime routine...when I do it I read some books, then turn his lights off but keep the night light on and rock him while I sing 'Jesus Love Me' a few times, then I say prayers and give him a kiss and lay him in his crib:) He usually is still awake but loves that little 'wind down' time and I love it to:)!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that he is learning his letters!!! He is so smart! And your bedtime routine is precious. Jesus Loves Me was one of the first songs Emilia ever sang because I sang it to her every night too :) Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete