
So I feel like it has been awhile since I have gushed about my favorite little boy in the WHOLE world, Brady aka "buddy" as Kris and I usually call him:) He has just been growing and learning SO MUCH these last few months and literally everyday I feel like there is something new with him! His vocabulary is expanding everyday and he is definitely at the age where he likes to repeat things we say...so we have been trying REALLY hard to watch the "swear words" around him!! It's a work in progress:)
So just a few things Brady has been up to lately and his LOVES/likes/and dislikes:)!
* still LOVES reading/or being read to. His favorite books are the music/cd books. He has a new 'Christmas Carol' book that Grandma June bought him that he just loves to sing to and read along. The "These 3 Kings" is his favorite song!
* Food is still one of his "issues" but he has gotten better these last few weeks and usually will at least try things...and if he doesn't like it it is followed up by one of his new words "ewwww":) lol. He is on an oatmeal kick right now and wants to eat it everyday...guess it's not the worst thing!:)
*His new favorite thing right now is the 'Lion King' and honestly could watch it everyday! He got it for his birthday from Auntie TT and LOVES it! He also has a stuffed "Simba" that he calls 'King" and loves to carry it around with him or snuggle with it at night:) (*update 12/31/11 I wrote this post a a week ago and just didn't post it right away...and today the 'Lion King' obsession is on the down slide...he is back to loving 'Elmo's World' Dvd's...which is good because we are bringing him to Elmo Live in a few weeks. It was his b-day present from Kris and I so I guess it's good he is becoming interested in Elmo again!) Just goes to show how fast things can change in a week!! lol!!!
*He has started interacting with Rylee...or to him it is "Ryewee". He loves to make her laugh and watching those two interact honestly melts my heart. The nights I don't work we just hang out as a family and just talk, play, listen to music:) I have to sometimes pinch myself to remind me that this is really "my" life. I am just so blessed to have 2 perfectly healthy children and a loving husband and we are able to spend that quality time together as a family. It is the best!!
*He still goes down around 8:30 and every night we have the same routine. Bath time, play time, books and then we still rock him till he gets sleepy:) And honestly the rocking is the best part. Even though he is getting bigger and heavier by the day...I still just LOVE to rock my baby boy:) We usually rock and say prayers and then I sing 'Jesus Loves Me' (which he has started singing along with me..it is the cutest thing and almost makes me get teary because it reminds me of when my Mom would sing that to me every night). Then before I lay him in his crib I always whisper how much Jesus, Mommy, Daddy, and Rylee love him, how proud we are of him, and how he is such a good big brother. The rocking, I know, will be one the things I will miss the most when he gets older. I hope when he is a teenager he will still at least want to give me a hug:)
*His favorite super heroes are Spiderman and Superman and he refers to both of them as 'Man'. He has a dance routine to the opening music of the original 'Spiderman' cartoon. Him and Kris both do it and it is so cute!
*He can climb in and out of his crib but lucky for us he doesn't climb out if we are not in the room with him. Hoping this doesn't change as I am not ready to put him in a "big boy" bed yet!
*He does go potty on the big boy potty every night before he gets in the bathtub. He hasn't gone poppy on the potty yet though. That is still a little to scary for him. I am not rushing the whole potty training thing. I just feel like when he is ready he will let us know:)
So these are just a few things I had to write down so I remember them:) My little buddy is 25 1/2 months old and I just feel like I will blink and he will be 18 years old and on his way to college!!:( I just want to remember everything little thing and just cherish all the small things in life:)
No comments:
Post a Comment