
Well we did it! We had our first long car trip with two kids! We went to Kris' parents house in Lake Geneva, WI over the Memorial holiday. We borrowed my Mom's mini van because our Jeep can not hold all the stuff that needs to be packed for a family of 4 now! And it worked out slick! Lots of room! One of these days my dream is to own my own mini van:) Anyways it took us 6 hours on the way there and 5.5 hours on the way back! Not back considering it is a 5 hour car ride with like 1 or 2 quick stops:) Brady did good and let us know when he had to go potty and
Rylee was content until about the last 15
mins of the trip. So not bad, not bad:) We got to their house Friday evening and just hung out had a great fish fry and then Saturday I went to Kris' cousin, Erin's wedding shower and then we just hung out Saturday evening. We were going to bring the kids to the lake on Sunday but it was TOO HOT so we just hung out and played in the house;) They have a dog named Huck that the kids were in love with!! They would just follow him around and
Rylee would try and pull his tail! The kids did alright sleeping as well. That is what I feared the most but it turned out to be
ok. Although we were really relaxed on our usual "routine" so I think that helped a lot. I am usually pretty strict when it comes to getting the kids feed, bathed, and in bed at the same time (well at least try) and I was more relaxed which I think made the kids relax as well. Brady slept in a big bed with me and Kris slept in the room with the crib with
Rylee:) Since Brady did so well sleeping in the "big boy" bed we got home and that same day set up his full size bed:) He loved it...although now I think he is liking the "freedom" to roam a little to much because he thinks he doesn't have to stay in his bed and gets up and turns the light on and plays with his toys and comes out to find us. It seriously takes us 2 hours to get him to be sleeping!!::( Exhausting! Anyways...I am
rambling....but all in all it was a great "
first" trip for us and it was so nice to see the in laws and brothers:)!~

playing with Huck

Grandpa George and
Rylee
Silly Girl

Playing trucks:)


Uncle Alex and the kids

Uncle Erik and Brady

Love this pic! They have the same hair!!!

Brady changing
Rylees bunny's diaper

Grandma June and
Rylee
First good night kiss in his "big boy" bed!!!



Flexing his muscles like the Hulk!!
No comments:
Post a Comment