
Well Brady went back to daycare at the end of August...August 23rd to be exact and by August 27th he was home sick:( My first thought was "Please no God...not this again:(" I brought him to his pediatrician in the AM to have his ears checked since he was running a fever. She checked his ears and said they were fine and that he was probably just coming down with a cold:( So we went home and I gave him some Tylenol and it helped some but his fever kept rising and then he started to develop these little red bumps on his back and legs. I had to go to my friends baby shower so my Mom and Sister were watching Brady but I called the on call nurse when I was at the party and within 30 minutes she called me back. Her response was NOT what I was expecting. I explained his bumps and his fever and she told me to "hang up the phone and call 911"!! What!?! I responded. She said it could be scarlett fever or someother no common thing. She said if they were fine with him not having to be transported then I have to bring him to the ER immediately. So I hung up the phone...didn't call 911 but left the party and speed home. My Mom and Sis had Brady's bag packed an we all piled in the car and headed to the ER (Brady's 4th time). When we got there his temp was 104! The ER doc looked in his mouth and confirmed that it was Hand Foot Mouth Disease. I guess it has been going around. Regardless Brady was miserable for the next 3 days and only wanted to be held and wouldn't eat any solids and only wanted milk. To make matter worse his 4th tooth on top was coming through and it was causing him even more pain. I also think he had a touch of the flu because he threw up for 3 days...only once or twice a day but that isn't a common symptom of HFM disease. After a week he started to eat solids again and was back to crawling around and to his happy self;) I know this is helping his immune system but I am hoping his next sickness is a ways down the road because it is never fun...for my baby or for us:(
No comments:
Post a Comment