So I feel like it has been forever since I have written about one of Brady's first! But he has developed his first "lovey" which is a stuff Curious George Monkey! Brady has never been attached to anything his first 1.5 years of life...not a blanket, nuk, toy...nothing. At night he usually lays in his crib with just him and that is it! Now I like to think his new "lovely" is a REALLY special "lovey" because it was the gift our good friends Todd and Karen gave him for his 1st birthday back in November. And as many of you know or have read in one of my previous posts, Todd passed away on March 8th after a 7 year battle with cancer.
Now what is kind of bittersweet about this monkey is after his birthday party it was kind of in hiding and he never paid much attention to it as it sat at the bottom of his stuffed animal bin...but right after Todd passed away, Brady found it at the bottom of his bin and would bring it out and carry it around with him. I mentioned this to Karen back in April when we had a girls weekend and some of our other friends have experienced the same thing with their kids and the animals that Todd and Karen have given them. For example, Todd and Karen gave our friends Tom and Joslyn, a frog for their baby shower for their first son Carter almost 4 years ago. This frog was in "hiding" and then after Todd passed it popped up out of no where and now it is one of their 2nd son's Kellan's new favorite lovey! Isn't that so odd?! But Todd was always SO good with all the kids so I like to think it is him still around in spirit interacting with our kids:) Recently Brady has become REALLY attached to his monkey and carries it around with him everywhere. He even wants it to sleep with him in his crib at night!! This kind of made me nervous because he has never had anything in his crib, so I was a little worried that he would bury his face into it and not be able to breathe (I know I am a total freak)...but when I would sneak into his room in the middle of the night to check on him, he just had his arm around his monkey and was sleeping so soundly:) I have wanted to get a picture but I am afraid the flash might wake him up:) Anyways...just wanted to share one of Brady's "special" firsts with you:) Below is a pic of Todd and Brady...(I think Brady was about 6 months old)...and the rest of the pics are Brady doing his favorite things with his new favorite monkey:)!





No comments:
Post a Comment