Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rylee's 1 week check up~



We had little Miss Rylee's 1 week check up today and she is perfectly healthy!:) When we left the hospital last Friday her jaundice levels were in the moderate-high range, so we had to go back into the clinic this past Sunday to have them checked again and they were even a little higher. But on Sunday the pediatrician said that they were still considered in the "normal/safe" range for a 3 day old infant. So today they checked them again and the levels were starting to drop so that is good;) She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz (18% tile) which is a little lower then her birth weight but the Dr. said that was also "normal" to have them lose a little bit of weight in the first week. Our little peanut has a very tiny head though, which only measures in the 1% tile! ha ha! She gets that from her Daddy and I asked the pediatrician if that seemed "normal" and she said that she is perfect and it was lucky for me to have a baby with a small head for the birthing process...and I guess I would have to agree:)


Anyways...our next check up is next Friday for her 2 week appointment and hopefully our little peanut continues to grow and pack on some lbs:) They would like to have her at or above her birth weight at that appointment...which she has been nursing like a crazy girl so I don't think that should be a problem!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment