Whew! Time to dust off this blog and try and post some things…it has been far to long!! My little Rylee June turned 18 months old…a year and a half…where did the time go!?!! I feel like the last year has just flown by! My little girl has grown into more of a toddler then a baby and this makes me sad because I know she will be my “last” baby! As Kris and I are pretty certain we are only having 2 kids! But anyways…our little Miss Rylee is still our little “peanut” and fits her nickname to a T…as she is still so tiny and petite! She weighed in at 20.0 lbs (2% tile) and is 32.8” tall (80% tile) at her 18 month check up. Since she has not gained one single oz in 6 mths we have to bring her back in 2-3 months and get her weighed again. I imagine if she hasn’t gained any weight the Dr. might give her some supplements or something. She eats a lot but she is just always moving so the weight just isn’t staying on! I am figuring she will just have her Dad’s metabolism which she will probably love when she gets olderSo we have just been having her drink some all natural whey protein and just offering more snacks
Below are just a few things about our little lady!
~ Her favorite food is cottage cheese (that’s my girl!")
~ She loves books and says “book, book, book” and follows you around the house until you read to her. This is kind of a new thing because before she didn’t have the attention span to sit and be read to so it is nice to finally get to do this
~ No one can make her laugh like her brother! They play a game of chase up and down the hallway and Rylee just sits and does a full out belly laugh when Brady is chasing her. It makes me smile ear to ear!
~ She still makes this God awful sound (uhhh.uhhh.uhhh.uhhh) when she wants your attention or wants something. Kris calls it her Forest Gump sound. Usually I just cave just to make her stop! ha ha!
~ She is officially off bottles! This was a struggle as my baby girl LOVED her bottles before nap and before bedtime! But finally she is able to go to bed without anything and sleeps the whole night through! I think part of it was because she is so tiny so she really need those extra calories from the milk to get her by…so I was OK with it. But when she turned 1.5 yrs old I was like…OK we better stop this or she will be 3 and still on a bottle! LOL!
~ She is getting really smart and knows some of her colors and letters! She knows the colors blue and yellow. And she knows her letters G, S, A, T, and B…maybe a few more.
~ She knows lots of words but I think her favorite saying is “let’s go!” Every time we put our coats on or something she always says “let’s go!” It is so cute
~Although she looks like a sweet little angel…she is a feisty one! ha ha!! I can tell she will be my more out spoken one. She definitely tries to push the boundaries and when you punish her she looks at you like you are a joke and then just walks away. Where as when Brady was punished at this age (and still to this day) he would immediately put his head down and start crying. Not Rylee…she is not phased by it one bit. Her big thing is she tries to hit you and then she starts to pretend cry like it hurt her hand. It is hard not laugh because the whole scene is pretty funny but I usually grab her hand and say, “No Rylee!! No hitting!!” She also tries to bite…usually her brother, but she did bite the back of my thigh the other day and I about criedShe got put in timeout and a little swat on her butt and that punishment did phase her. She hasn’t done it since.
~ She likes to put things on her head…hats, clothes, towels, etc. She usually goes into our dirty clothes and grabs a pair of my dirty underwear and then comes out with them on her head! Gross!! Then if I take them away it is a full out tantrum so then I usually just give her a pair of clean ones and then she is fineShe is a funny kid!~
Saturday, February 16, 2013
‘Peanut’ turned 18 months!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment