Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jamaica Mon~


Well we just got back from our trip to Jamaica where we stayed at the Couples Swept Away in Negril and it was wonderful!! We went from a Thursday to a Tuesday...well actually got in Wednesday at 1:30AM (lay over in Atlanta due to the rain:(). Anyways....it was going to be our first trip away from Brady and honestly it was easier than I thought it would be! The night before I rocked Brady to sleep and just prayed that he would be OK and that we would have a fun and safe trip:) When the morning came...well 3AM and I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up and printed out a "some what will" that if anything should happen to Kris or I, who the custody of Brady would go to. I know, I know...I am weird, but Jamaica isn't the safest place right now and even though I know God would watch over us, I just wanted something signed by Kris and I. Anyways....we finally got ready and left the house at 5AM! My Mom, Brady, Kris and I all headed out and I sat in the back with Brady and just kept looking at him telling him how much Mommy and Daddy love him and are going to miss him. And then we arrived at the airport and honestly, the days before I thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of the car, but a sense of calm came over me and I just kissed Brady had a few tears well up in my eyes, but managed to get out of the car with full composure:)! I was surprised, but part of me was really excited to be going on a trip with Kris and I and I just wanted to get there already!! When we got to Jamaica Thursday evening around 5ish it was raining:( So we just hung out, went to dinner, did some dancing and called it a night:) Friday was still kind of rainy and cloudy so we just hung out by the pool bar and walked on the beach. Friday night we went to a beach party and that was fun:) Saturday rolled around and it was really nice and really HOT!! I spent much of my day in the shade and still managed to get some color!:) We rented a jet ski, Kris played some volleyball and we just relaxed by the pool all day:) I checked in at home by email or by phone everyday and it gave us a sense of "OK-ness.":) I knew Brady was in good hands with Gamma June:) Although both of his bottom teeth broke threw when we were gone so he wasn't sleeping the best for Gamma!:( Anyways...Sunday and Monday we did much of the same...laid by the pool, ate, ate some more (the food was wonderful), went on a catamaran boat cruise, went to the Piano Bar and did some dancing:) We met lots of cool people that we will definitely keep in touch with:) All in all it was a much needed and wonderful trip! Kris and I truly reconnected and would definitely go back to the resort:)! The only bad thing about the trip was the sand fleas...or whatever kind of bites these are!:( I got so many bites and they itch like crazy!! Some people get them bad some don't! Just depends on your sensitivity...I guess!:( Ocuh!!









No comments:

Post a Comment