Well Brady turned 16 months old this week! I know I say it all the time but I just can't believe how FAST the time flies by and how much I want it to slow down!! Brady is running all over the place and getting into everything! Lets just say our house can look like a tornado whipped through it in about 5 minutes:) Kris likes to stay on top of the mess while I am like...why?! Might as well wait until after bedtime and then pick up, right!?! Anyways...the "W" in the title stands for a win! That's is right..Kris and I had a big victory this week:) Brady has always been a picky eater and frankly it's because we have allowed it. I would always think if Brady didn't like something I had to find something else for him to eat because heaven forbid he go hungry! So over the last several months, if we put something on Brady's tray and he didn't want it (most of the time without even trying it) we would find something else for him to eat and if he didn't like that then we would find something else and so on....So needless to say he knew eventually he would get his piece of bread or cheese or whatever his favorite food was/is at the time. Now at daycare he is NOT picky and eats whatever Pam's put on his tray and it is because she has been firm with this from the start so now it is up to us to change our ways.
Which brings me to my story...it was Thursday night and I was at work so Kris was home with Brady. He made him dinner and started him with some peaches and Brady didn't want them so Kris said you don't eat your peaches you don't get the rest of your dinner. Brady sat there and didn't touch his peaches so Kris took him out of his highchair and Brady cried but Kris stayed strong and put him to bed without dinner. He didn't tell me that he did this till after I came home from work and Brady was already sleeping for fear that I would feed him. I was a little shocked and sad...my poor baby went to bed hungry:(...but so proud of Kris for staying strong and doing what we had talked about and not giving in. So the next day when Brady woke up from his nap he wanted a snack and he made it clear that he wanted string cheese by pointing to the fridge (it's his favorite snack) but I had already put some pears on his tray. I put him in his highchair and said "you don't get your string cheese until you eat your pears." Brady started bawling and now it was my turn to stay strong! I took him out of his chair and put him down and he cried and cried and made me feel like the meanest mother in the world:( I got down to his level and just calmly said "Brady you have to eat your pears before you can have your string cheese OK?" So after a few minutes he grabbed the leg of his highchair and I put him in and put the tray on and he started eating his pears and he ate them all!!!! I was shocked! He really does know what is going on:)! After they were gone I said "Good job Brady! Now you can have your string cheese" and Brady responded "stting eese" his way of saying string cheese:)!
Anyways...sorry such a long story but I needed to write it down so I remember the first time that Kris and I stayed strong and held our own against our sweet little boy:) hehehe:)! Brady's at 16 months:
~Loves to LOVE!! He loves to give hugs and kisses and still loves to cuddle;)! and I LOVE this:)
~He loves to be chased around the house:) It's a great game and his giggles are so containgous:)
~He loves his dancing monkey...still!! It's his #1 toy and Kris and I have to hide it at times because there is only so many times we can take hearing Pit Bulls 'I know you want me' song:)
~Loves bread, corn, and string cheese at the current moment:)
~LOVES books!! Can't get enough of them! We read at least an hour a day and it is one of my favorite things to do with my little man:)
~Is a picky eater...hence the post above;)
~Even though he is a lover he throws his tantrums and throws things when he gets really upset:(
~Hates having his diaper changed or putting clothes on (loves to run nude through out the house):)
~Brady has 16 teeth
~Has reached all his milestones he should for this age..now we are just working on excelling at his language skills.
~Hasn't had an ear infection in about 3 weeks and has to meet again with the ENT next week to see if the fluid is out behind his left ear! Fingers crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment