Monday, March 21, 2011

Duluth Weekend Getaway~

Well Kris and I just got back from a much need R & R trip from Duluth!:) And a BIG thank you to my parents for watching our little man so we could get away...We appreciate it greatly!:) Anyways...Kris and I left early Saturday morning and came home Monday afternoon:) We chose Duluth because it isn't to far of a drive but still feels like a 'vacation':) We stayed at Canal Park Lodge. It was really nice with a beautiful view and literally is right on the Lake...another added perk is that it has an excellent complementary breakfast each morning;) Saturday was probably the nicest day weather wise and so we took advantage of it;) We walked along the shore line and went out on the pier, did some shopping, grabbed a bite to eat at Sammy's Pizza (very yummy) and then went back to our room and took a nap;)! After our nap we headed to Elysium Salon and Day Spa where we got couple massages:) It was wonderful and I actually got a little teary eyed at the end of them when the massage therapists left the room because I was just so grateful. Grateful for the fact that God has blessed us with funds to do things like this and grateful for the fact that here I am laying next to the man I love and feeling little feet kick in my belly. It was just a beautiful moment in time and I guess I just really soaked it all in:)

Anyways...after the massages we went back to the room and got ready and went and ate at Hacienda Del Sol (which was sworn by Kris' co-workers to be the best Mexican restaurant around) so me LOVING Mexican food and having my #1 Mexian restaurant as El Tequila, down in my hometown Faribault, I was willing to see if they where right. The verdict was in and HELL NO! It was not that good and surely didn't take the #1 spot from El Tequila! The food was so bland and the chips were gross...I was not a happy pregnant women considering I was craving Mexican food!!

The next morning came and it was so dreary and rainy...made for a great day of relaxing! Which we pretty much did all day:) We slept in until 8:30...then took another nap after breakfast. We did however leave the room and walked to the Great Lakes Aquarium (not that interesting but something to do) and ate at 'Anchor Bar and Grill' in Superior, WI which was recommended to us by Erin. It is seriously this little hole in the wall bar but has the BEST burgers and fries...for $5!! So if you are ever in Duluth/Superior area you must go there! After that we did some more relaxing and watched some NCAA basketball games. Then Sunday got up ate some of the yummy complentary breakfast and then headed home!! Even though it was a wonderful "Kris and Jamie getaway" I missed my little guy like crazy!! It's funny we went to Jamaica for a week when Brady was almost 7 months old and this time we left him for 3 days and I missed him even more then when we were gone for the week!! I think the older they get and realize you are gone and are just doing new things each day you just miss them even more!!

But now that I got some R&R it is time to start getting things ready for babe #2:)! T minus 4 months (and a little more) away!!! I can't wait!!!











1 comment:

  1. Very cute recap of the trip and so sweet that you got so emotional in realizing the many ways you are blessed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete