Monday, March 14, 2011

Celebrating the life of our Dear Friend Forever and Always~Todd R.W. Andrews 10/19/1977 - 3/8/2011


So this last Tuesday our good friend Todd passed away into the hands of the Lord. He was one of the greatest people Kris and I have ever met and will be missed by so many. He truly touched peoples lives all over the world by his courage, strength and determination he had throughout his fight of cancer for the last 7 years. Todd taught us an important life lesson..to NEVER take anything for granted and enjoy the small things in life. Even though the cancer, all the chemo, radiation, and lung surgeries took Todd's overall health and caused him a great deal of pain...I never heard him complain...EVER! There where times it would be so easy to look at him when you were around him and forget that he had cancer because his zest and love for life just shone through him and he always had such a beautiful smile on his face...oh how I am going to miss that smile. His smile could light up the room:) Todd's wife Karen, is also an inspiration to us. Her and Todd have truly shown us what true love is at it's best. They have been together for 12 years and she was with him every step of the way by his side till the very end. She was his #1 supporter, caregiver, and best friend and gave up her life in a sense to fight this battle with him and that is what true unconditional love is all about. You take your vows the day you get married "in sickness and in health" and she stood by those vows. I imagine the next days, weeks, years are going to be so hard for her but we will be here for her...because that's what friends are for:) I would like to share a few poems that where written and read at his wake and funeral. The words are so real and true~ R.I.P Todd we will miss you~ And Karen we will help you get through this~ We love you:)

Come with Me
God saw you getting tired, And a cure was not to be,
So He put His arms around you and whispered "Come with Me"
With tearful eyes we watched you suffer
And saw you fade away, although we loved you dearly
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, You're now at peaceful rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

Letting Go
The angels gathered near your bed, So very close to you.
For they knew all of the things that you were going through.
I thought about so many things, I tightly held your hand.
Oh, how I wished that you were strong and healthy once again.
Buy your eyes were looking homeward, to a place beyond the sky.
Where God will hold you always; it was time to say goodbye.
I struggled with my selfish thoughts-for I wanted you to stay,
So we could walk and talk again, Like we did just yesterday.
But God still knows what's best
And I knew God loved you so,
So I gave to you life's greatest gift;
The gift of letting go.

Farewell my Friends
It was beautiful as long as it lasted, the journey of my life,
I have no regrets whatsoever, save the pain I'll leave behind.
Those dear hearts who love and care, and the heavy with sleep ever moist eyes,
the smile in spite of a lump in the throat
and the strings pulling at the heart and soul,
The strong arms that held me up when my own strength let me down,
each morsel that I was fed with was full of love.
At every turning of my life I came across good friends,
friends who stood by me, even when the time raced me by.
Farewell farewell my friends, I smile and bid you goodbye.
No, shed no tears, for I need them not,
all I need is your smile, If you feel sad,
do think of me, for that's what I'll like,
when you live in the hearts of those you love,
remember then...... you never die.














No comments:

Post a Comment