Well I turned the BIG 30!:) It was the BEST weekend I have had in awhile and it was full of family, fun, good food, and I achieved just a small goal of mine;)! So all in all a perfect birthday:)! My birthday fell on a Sunday this year so on Friday night Kris, Brady and I just hung out as a family and relaxed after a busy week:) On Saturday my Mom came up to babysit and Kris and I had a date night:) We went and ate at Ciao Bella and it was delishious! We got calamari, a chopped salad, shrimp spaghetti, sausage lasagna, and to top it off pumpkin cheesecake...even with a candle;)! We ate it all and needless to say our waiter was impressed:) But that is us...a couple who likes food and likes to eat and likes to eat A LOT:) ha ha:) After dinner we came home and Grandma went home and we just laid in bed and watch 'The Last Song' a chick flick that Kris was willing to watch with me:) It was cute and sad but I probably wouldn't watch it again:0 ha ha! Sunday morning...my birthday....started early! Brady got up at 5AM and decided he wasn't tired anymore so we got up and just played some and then at 6:45 we left for my first 10 mile race! I signed up to run Women Run the Cities awhile back thinking what a GREAT way to ring in a new decade of my life:)! I have never ran that far of a distance before and I LOVE to run and have always wanted to start doing some more longer distance races....and this was perfect! The morning started out really chilly. But thank goodness Kris bought me a running jacket which I wore and it was great! I didn't get to hot but it kept me warm while running;) I finished the race in 1:22:59...which was my chip time:) My goal was to finish under 1:30 so I was so happy with how I ran:)! I must admit when I crossed the finish line, I got a little choked up when I saw my time and I thought Happy Birthday to Me:)! It was a great present to give myself:) After the run we went out to pizza with my parents and sister:) It was great but I was exhausted and needed a nap:)! So after pizza we got home, Brady took a nap and so did we:)! All in all it was a great 30th birthday and I know the best years still lie ahead and I am excited for them:)!
Monday, September 27, 2010
I'm 30!!:)
Well I turned the BIG 30!:) It was the BEST weekend I have had in awhile and it was full of family, fun, good food, and I achieved just a small goal of mine;)! So all in all a perfect birthday:)! My birthday fell on a Sunday this year so on Friday night Kris, Brady and I just hung out as a family and relaxed after a busy week:) On Saturday my Mom came up to babysit and Kris and I had a date night:) We went and ate at Ciao Bella and it was delishious! We got calamari, a chopped salad, shrimp spaghetti, sausage lasagna, and to top it off pumpkin cheesecake...even with a candle;)! We ate it all and needless to say our waiter was impressed:) But that is us...a couple who likes food and likes to eat and likes to eat A LOT:) ha ha:) After dinner we came home and Grandma went home and we just laid in bed and watch 'The Last Song' a chick flick that Kris was willing to watch with me:) It was cute and sad but I probably wouldn't watch it again:0 ha ha! Sunday morning...my birthday....started early! Brady got up at 5AM and decided he wasn't tired anymore so we got up and just played some and then at 6:45 we left for my first 10 mile race! I signed up to run Women Run the Cities awhile back thinking what a GREAT way to ring in a new decade of my life:)! I have never ran that far of a distance before and I LOVE to run and have always wanted to start doing some more longer distance races....and this was perfect! The morning started out really chilly. But thank goodness Kris bought me a running jacket which I wore and it was great! I didn't get to hot but it kept me warm while running;) I finished the race in 1:22:59...which was my chip time:) My goal was to finish under 1:30 so I was so happy with how I ran:)! I must admit when I crossed the finish line, I got a little choked up when I saw my time and I thought Happy Birthday to Me:)! It was a great present to give myself:) After the run we went out to pizza with my parents and sister:) It was great but I was exhausted and needed a nap:)! So after pizza we got home, Brady took a nap and so did we:)! All in all it was a great 30th birthday and I know the best years still lie ahead and I am excited for them:)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so thankful that I have been your friend for 11 of your last 30 years! I love you more every year :) Great job on your race and pat on the back to Kris for picking out such a cute coat for you!!! LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a hot momma you are! Congrats on your race time, boogs! Amazing!! Love you and I am so happy to share my birthday with you!!!
ReplyDeleteahhh...Thanks Ladies:) Love ya back:)! I am the blessed one to have you as friends:)
ReplyDelete